Friday, October 9, 2009

Confusion

Strange appellation to this post... right ??
Yes sir, it is... in fact, i was confused until the very last moment of publishing this post !!

To have a look people around me, we have maths champs... extremely outgoing ppl... authors... druggists... cooks... journalists... dancers... doctors... in overall, we meet a plenty of people, masters of their field with experience ranging from zero to infinity.. And in present times, where there is such a rat race... such strong competition going on... its really hard or should i say baseless to aim low, everyone wants 100%, everyone wants to be in the top cream, everyone strives to be the master...

But ever cared to meet a jack of all trades... you must have never met a person who could do everything, if not completely but still upto some good amount... And has ever anyone or you have thought of being just a Jack... A Jack of Everything.. ??

I have, i want to be one... I don't want to wait for the electrician to fix the lights for me... I don't want myself running down when my phone dies... I don't want kick my CPU when its full of viruses... I don't want to stay quiet if someone resorts for my help in any matter...
But, i do want to serve my guests with the best style possible, i want to be center of attraction when comes to problem solving and all i want is ability to fix or at least try to fix any vagrant problem... But, then at the same time...getting such ability is really difficult.

Right from the start, we are taught to be master of one and rely on others for different matters.
But, even that's not entirely bad, its good to be social & ask others for help... But isn't it good to have an idea of everything on your own too??

Why are we taught to do things & keep sticking to them until we are master of them and when you have mastered it then keep pursuing the same thing up your entire life... Why does one has to become one thing in life, can't he be multi-dimensional??

Is it necessary to be stuck in old dirt?? Why can't we experience all the faces of life we want to??
Why can't we just DO things, GAIN from it and GO forward in life, to do some other thing?? and make ourselves exposed to so many things, realize matters and gain knowledge... make ourselves tougher !!

Coming onto another aspect... there are two parts of society... like, of a house, the upper part and the lower part.

Upper part -- the walls, the floors... anything above the ground.

Lower part -- the Foundation... those few feets of Brick-work, on which the whole upper part is standing... the raising platform.

if u look more closely, u'll realize that every season the upper parts get a new paint job, plastering.. care, love and appreciation.
and, lower part... nobody looks at it... bas... ek baar bana dia and bhool gaye... But look at the irony of it, if u'll remove it then the whole building will come crashing down... Those few bricks, subjected to eternal darkness, stress and pressure.... all that just to make the building stand better... Clearly, The brick of the foundation needs to be tougher than the ones used for structure.

Similar way... is the side of Masters and Jugaados... Masters make up the face of the society... and Jugaado ppl make up the lower part.. nobody appreciates them, but still they are necessary, they are the ones who know a lot.. But still.... anyway, these Jugaad ppl need to be more stiff-minded.. and so they are.

but, if i ponder over it further... Exposing myself to various professions will make me resource full for sure.. I will gain a good stand as "JUGAADO" in society, i will make enough money i need to sustain myself...but will it get money so that i may level up from just sustaining?? will it get me the name, the respect i desire in society, will it benefit me and my upcoming generations...???

That's something everyone nowadays is facing... A choice !!... and to be honest many of us don't even have a slightest idea of how to get through it...

Should i pursue a dream which makes me happy, makes me feel much more suited, makes me feel free.... or should i think of my family, think of my upcoming kids, think of money and do a job which will simply suck out everything i have, every bit of life and throw bundles of note on my face... ??

it really shakes me up sometimes and leaves me with a questions... rather a choice.. of pride or freedom??? dignity or family?? money or happiness?? responsibility or... myself??

2 comments:

Collectively Alone said...

well thought out...

i think dis thinking process takes up a large slice f our lyf 2 decide n settle dwn...n whn itz tym 2 settle dwn..othr choices cum across...

thts d way lyf is..always standin at a T-POINT CROSSIN....

thts well said abt jugaado bt thn is it nt bettr 2 hav a comprehensiv knwldg f everythg n b d base f d buildin rathr than d ones who step up d stairs f d same buildin...!!!

itz d age f smart-work...u got 2 work hard bt tht 2 smartly...n thts d only way u can achieve being multi-talented...

i hav seen many ppl who fall in dis category...n itz scary 2 talk 2 thm...thy r aware f tits n bits f every field...
bt thn wat thy say is..

fulfill d essential,take a flight n achieve ur dreams...

n acheivin f drmz hav no age-bar...:)

Collectively Alone said...

n yupp...
dis is d only blog f ur collectn whch i read without any refrencs givn by any1...

n it surely strikes bck in my head...u gt d patience 2 write,head full f ideas...added wid my few xprncs n visualisatn f absurd thgs..can turn in2 sum gud piece f creative work...

:)